How to Buy Tickets
Advance Ticket Sales - Festival Only
Tickets go on sale on Monday, September 9, 2013, and can be purchased online, by phone or in person. Advance ticket sales for Vancouver Writers Fest members begin on Tuesday, September 3, 2013. All prices include GST. MasterCard, Visa and cash (in person) are accepted.
Vancouver Tix, 604-629-8849
The Festival box office is located on the main floor of Festival House, 1398 Cartwright Street, Granville Island. Box office hours are:
Monday to Friday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturdays: 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
VancouverTix surcharges will apply to all tickets purchased through VancouverTix online or by phone. The Festival box office charges a $1 surcharge per ticket and is open for in-person sales only.
Advance ticket sales end at 4:00 pm on the day before the event.
Door Sales (Day of event only)
The box office at the venue will open 45 minutes before the start of the event. Cash, MasterCard and Visa are accepted. Please call 604-681-6330 for ticket availability information or check online at www.writersfest.bc.ca. Please note that many events sell out in advance.
- Discount of $2 offered to seniors and students who present valid ID as well as people on fixed incomes and the unemployed.
- Discount of $2 offered to Festival members who purchase advance tickets at the Festival box office (on presentation of a membership card).
- Programming is subject to change without notice. Money will be refunded only when an event is cancelled.
- Latecomers may not be seated.
- No babies or small children at adult Festival events please, out of coutesy to other patrons.
- No flash photography or audio or video recording, please.
- PLEASE CHECK TICKETS CAREFULLY. THERE WILL BE NO EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS.
All Festival venues are wheelchair accessible. To reserve in advance, please call 604-681-6330 ext. 107.
School Group Tickets
School group tickets to Spreading the Word school events are $8.50 each. Ticket prices include GST and surcharges do not apply. Teachers and adults accompanying school groups must purchase tickets. School group tickets go on sale at 8:00am on Monday, September 16, 2013.
You can request school group tickets in one of the following ways:
- Online (secure online request form available on September 16)
- In person at the Festival box office.
- Fax a ticket request form to 604-681-8400
**Our fax machine is extremely busy on the first morning of ticket sales, we strongly suggest you use the secure online ticket request form, if possible.
Subsidy for School Groups
The Vancouver Writers Fest is delighted to be able to offer subsidies for tickets to schools in need thanks to The Cynthia Woodward Development Program. The Bus Subsidy Program, supported by Bonnie Mah, allows us to offer local transporation subsidies. A limited number of subsidies are available based on financial need.