How to Buy Tickets
Advance Ticket Sales - Festival Only
Tickets are now on sale, and can be purchased on-line, by phone or in person. All prices include HST. Mastercard, Visa and cash (in person) accepted.
The Festival box office is located on the main floor of Festival House, 1398 Cartwright Street, Granville Island. Box office hours are
Monday to Friday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturdays: 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
VancouverTix surcharges will apply to all tickets purchased through VancouverTix on-line or by phone. The Festival box office charges a $1 surcharge per ticket and is open for in-person sales only.
Advance ticket sales end at 5:00 pm on the day before the event.
Door Sales (Day of event only)
The box office at the venue will open 45 minutes before the start of the event. Cash, MasterCard, Visa accepted. Please call 604-681-6330 for ticket availability information or check on-line at www.writersfest.bc.ca. Please note that many events sell out in advance.
- Discount of $2 offered to: seniors and students who present valid ID, people on a fixed income and for the unemployed.
- Discount of $2 discount offered to VIWF members who purchase advance tickets at the Festival box office (please present your membership card).
- The Festival Program is subject to change without notice. Money will be refunded only when an event is cancelled.
- Latecomers may not be seated.
- No babies or small children at adult Festival events please, out of coutesy to other patrons.
- No flash photography, video recorders or tape recorders, please.
- PLEASE CHECK TICKETS CAREFULLY.
THERE WILL BE NO EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS.
All Festival venues are wheelchair accessible. To reserve in advance, please call 604 681 6330, ext. 107.
School Group Tickets
School group tickets to Spreading the Word school events are $8.50 each. Ticket prices include HST and surcharges do not apply. Teachers and adults accompanying school groups must purchase tickets. School group tickets go on sale at 8:00 am on Monday, September 12, 2011.
You can order school group tickets in one of the following ways:
- On-line here.
- In person at Festival box office.
- Fax a ticket request form to 604-681-8400 (download the ticket order form from the website or call 604-681-6330, local 0, to request a form).
Subsidy for School Groups
The Vancouver International Writers Festival is delighted to be able to offer subsidies for tickets and transportation to schools in need. The Cynthia Woodward Development Program enables us to subsidize tickets to festival events for school groups, and a new pilot program generously supported by donor Bonnie Mah allows us to offer local transportation subsidies this year. A limited number of subsidies are available based on financial need. Application forms can be downloaded from writersfest.bc.ca/teachers/schoolorders