Advance Ticket Sales
Tickets go on sale Monday, September 15, 2008. Tickets are available at the Writers Festival Box Office (in person sales only; see details below), and at VancouverTix by phoning 604-629-8849 or on-line at www.vancouvertix.com. For information about purchasing tickets, please call the Festival office at 604-681-6330. All prices include GST.
A few words about surcharges. Please refer to the individual event listings in this program guide for facility surcharges. VancouverTix surcharges will apply to all tickets purchased through VancouverTix on-line or by phone. The Writers Festival Box Office charges a $1 surcharge per ticket and is open for in-person sales only.
The Writers Festival Box office is located on the first floor of Festival House, 1398 Cartwright Street, Granville Island. Hours are 10:00 am – 6:00pm, Monday to Friday, and 12:00pm – 4:00pm, Saturdays. Cash, Mastercard, Visa accepted.
Advance ticket sales end at 6:00pm on the day before the event.
- We offer a $2 discount for seniors and students who present valid ID, for those on a fixed income and for the unemployed.
- We offer a $2 discount for VIWF members purchasing tickets at the Writers Festival Box Office or at the event.
- Out of courtesy to other patrons, no babies or small children at adult Festival events please.
- Please check your tickets carefully. There will be no exchanges or refunds.
- Latecomers may not be seated.
- The Festival Program is subject to change without notice. There are no refunds unless an event is cancelled.
- No cameras, video recorders or tape recorders.
- Please turn off phones and beepers.
All Festival venues are wheelchair accessible. Please call 604 681 6330, local 107, in advance to reserve seating.
ASL interpretation can be provided upon request. Please contact the General Manager by phone at 604 681 6330, local 103, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, October 1, 2008, to request ASL interpretation.
Door Sales (day of event only)
The box office at the event will open 45 minutes before the start of the event. Please call 604-681-6330 for ticket availability information or check on-line at www.writersfest.bc.ca. Cash, Mastercard, Visa accepted.
School Group Tickets
School group tickets to Spreading the Word school events are $7 each. Ticket prices include GST. There are no surcharges on school group tickets. Teachers and adults accompanying school groups must purchase tickets. School group tickets go on sale on Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 10 am. There are three ways to order school group tickets:
- On-line here (or follow the links on the website to Schools/Order School Group Tickets)
- In person at Writers Festival Box Office
- By fax to 604-681-8400 (please call 604-681-6330, local 107, in advance to request a ticket order form to fax)
Subsidy for School Groups
The Vancouver International Writers & Readers Festival acknowledges the Cynthia Woodward Development Program, the result of many years of dedicated fundraising by Cynthia Woodward. Her vision and generosity enable us to provide free and/or subsidized tickets for school groups. A limited number of subsidies based on financial need are available. To inquire about a subsidy, please contact the General Manager at 604-681-6330, local 103, or email email@example.com.